JASMINE HILL, ROME
The project involved a building renovation with change of use and occupancy, from ex orphanage to a three-stars mixed-use guest house for the Order of Minor Friars.
• hall/reception (ground floor)
• cafeteria, restaurant, and kitchen (1st floor)
• conference room (mezzanine)
• guests’ rooms (2nd-3rd floor)
• chapel and roof terrace (3rd floor)
• parking (ground and 1st floor)
The restaurant offers zero km food produced in the local orchards, sold and eaten locally—the food travels zero kilometers. This allows to cut price margins and avoid quality loss during long storage. Further, since there is no transport involved, zero km food reduces air pollution and fuel consumption.
Client: Revalue, Milan
Project Architect and Interior Designer: Cristiana Cutrona
Landscape Architecture: Giuseppina Forte, Riccardo Vannucci, Francesco Salvolini, Cecilia Zeta, Andrea Sirna
Structures: Agamennone & Cera, Rome
Systems: Arup, Milan